Monday 29 July 2013

Voyager- Ash (Part 2)

canoe paddles headboard
SO .... the paddle is done and the secrets out ! Sarah said yes and the paddle was part of my engagement plan! Sarah and i have recently just bought a house when we were talking about some of the idea we wanted around the house to make it personalized. She brought my attention to this headboard idea. I didn't really want to make a whole bunch of paddles that would never see water and take forever to make,  so instead she requested paddles that would show special dates to us. First Kiss, First house, engaged and etc. 

I decided to make her a paddle (that can be seen in part one of this post) and to surprise her lake side with a ring. I took her down to the cabin by the lake and told her we needed to go check out a fishing spot. We have the only land on the lake the rest is crown so its a nice spot ! We carried the canoe out of its hiding spot and put it in the water. I then told her i had finally made her a canoe paddle. I had place the paddle further so she would have to walk to it allow me to be behind her, as she was pulling the paddle sock off i got onto one knee behind her. She was very surprised and excited ! Once she calmed down a little i gave her my little speech and pulled out the ring. She said yes ! (even with the beard on me ) I could not be happier !

The paddles art is a mix of wood burning and a lil black paint ! It was the right size and all !

With the move coming up i will not be able to get to any of my paddle making stuff but i figure it was a good one to hold me over. 

Thank for reading,

Paul


No comments:

Post a Comment