Thursday 8 September 2011

Ottertail- Redtail store bought


My store bought paddles finish was starting to crack. So i thought it would be a perfect opportunity to put my own touch on the paddle. I like this paddle for shallow rivers because of it resin tip. Ill be trying to put a resin tip on one of my next paddles, I've already bought the materials and devised a plan to do it.

When i first bought this paddle i wanted to put my middle name right down then center, so that's what i did. I sanded down the paddle blade added my paint and resealed the paddle with polyurethane.

I wanted to try wood burning and I had bought a cheaper wood burning kit but the only thing got burned was my wallet because it was a piece of junk.

Over all though i was happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment